After you have achieved your goal weight, it seems hard to keep it off. When it comes to weight management, it is important to stay disciplined but also enjoy life. Having a few low-calorie snacks along with portion-sized meals is a good way to maintain your hunger. Sticking to plan helps your schedule.
Here are a few tips on maintaining your weight:
- Do not sample the food while cooking.
- When tempted to snack between meals, substitute a glass of water with lemon and snack on carrot or celery sticks. Avoid sweetened drinks like sodas, special coffee drinks, energy drinks, and juices. They add a lot of calories.
- When you feel the urge to snack, try an activity that does not involve eating, such as taking a bath, reading a book, or a hands-on activity.
- Make dinner the last thing you eat until breakfast.
- Measure one portion of a snack into a bowl so you aren’t tempted to keep reaching into the box or bag.
Make a meal more pleasant sounds easier than said. Dinner time is more than just eating food, it is a time to chat with friends and family and to relax at the end of the day. Limiting yourself while eating keeps your calorie intake in check, try skipping alcohol, watching TV while you eat, and large portions of desserts.
Physical activity is another important factor when it comes to weight management, obesity can cause illness like diabetes, kidney disease, stroke, and more. To keep the pounds of in the long run, exercises like swimming, biking, cardio, and jogging are great for staying in shape. At least twice a week, do strength training to build muscle.