After Thanksgiving are you feeling like the turkey (stuffed)? We understand, so here are some detox diet recipes to get you feeling human again!
The first recipe is from Wholesomeyum. What, did you expect this to be all smoothies and juices? NEVER!!
Rainbow Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette (Paleo, Low Carb)
This easy and healthy rainbow salad recipe with pomegranate vinaigrette is so quick to make. Only 10 ingredients including the dressing!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
Author Maya Krampf from WholesomeYum.com
- 4 cups Spinach
- 1 medium Bell pepper (chopped) *
- 1/2 medium Avocado (cubed)
- One-half cup Red cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds (preferably roasted)
Pomegranate balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate juice
- 1/2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Garlic salt
- Black pepper (to taste – optional)
- Place all dressing ingredients into a jar or airtight container. Shake vigorously until emulsified.
- Toss the dressing with spinach until evenly distributed. Add remaining ingredients and toss again to combine.
I like to use half of a yellow bell pepper and half of an orange one for more color.
Seriously Delicious Detox Salad from GimmeSomeOven
This easy Detox Salad truly is delicious! It’s made with all sorts of fresh and feel-good greens and it is topped with a sweet and zesty Carrot-Ginger Dressing.
TOTAL TIME: 15 MINS
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOK TIME: 0 MINS
- 3 cups finely-chopped* kale leaves
- 2 cups finely-chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cups finely-chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup matchstick (shredded) carrots
- 1 cup roughly-chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 1 avocado, peeled pitted and diced
- 1 batch Carrot Ginger Dressing (see below)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly-chopped
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil (or any mild-flavored cooking oil)
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh ginger
- A tablespoon honey (or your desired sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon white (shiro) miso
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients together in a large bowl, and toss to combine. Serve immediately. (Or if you are not going to serve the entire salad in one setting, the salad can be mixed without the dressing and refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 2 days with the dressing refrigerated separately in another sealed container.)
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, and pulse until completely smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and/or add extra honey if you’d like a sweeter dressing. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed containerfor up to 1 week.
TROPICAL GREEN DETOX SMOOTHIE from LifeMadeSweeter
This green detox smoothie recipe is loaded with a ton of antioxidants, vitamin-rich greens and tastes refreshing and delicious.
Thanks to the natural sweetness from the pineapple and green grapes AND the refreshing zing from the lemon and ginger, it doesn’t taste like you are drinking all those greens.
- frozen pineapple chunks
- green grapes
- lemon juice
Throw everything into a blender and enjoy fresh.
Detox smoothie from SimpleVeganBlog
- author: Simple Vegan Blog
- prep time: 5 mins
- total time: 5 mins
- yield: 4 cups (1 l)
- category: Drink
- cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
This detox smoothie can help you to clean and detoxifying your body and lose some weight. It’s ready in less than 5 minutes and tastes amazing.
- 1.5 cups water (375 ml)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (250 g)
- one cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 12 dates
Throw everything into the blender then enjoy fresh.
GREEN DETOX DIET RECIPE SMOOTHIE from damndelicious
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
Feel your best with this healthy, nutrient-rich, bikini-ready green smoothie! Loaded with powerful superfoods like spinach and kale, celery, apple, banana and ginger! Just 136 calories per serving.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups baby kale
- Two ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium green apple, chopped
- One cup frozen sliced banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- A tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- A tablespoon honey
- Combine spinach, kale, celery, apple, banana, almond milk, ginger, chia seeds and honey in blender until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Real Detox Diet Recipe Meals
Lemon Chicken Stew from FoodieCrush
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound skinless and boneless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 carrots sliced
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1 leek thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon chopped
- In an 8-quart casserole stockpot, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium high heat. Add the flour to a shallow bowl and season with about 1 teaspoon each of kosher salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour, shake off the excess and place half of the chicken in the stockpot but do not overcrowd. Cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side then transfer the chicken to a bowl. Brown the remaining chicken in 2 more tablespoons of the oil.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and the carrots, celery and onion to the stockpot and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Then add the sliced leek and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Finally add the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes.
- Add the orzo and chicken to the stockpot and cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until orzo is tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with tarragon. Season immediately.
Pan Roasted Pomegranate Glazed Salmon By halfbakedharvest
Everyone will think that you’ve spent hours in the kitchen with this tasty meal!
prep time 10 minutes
cook time 20 minutes
total time 30 minutes
servings 4 servings
calories 322 kcal
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- two tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- One clove garlic, minced or grated
- A pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pound wild caught salmon
- fresh basil for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, combine the brussels sprouts, olive oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the pomegranate molasses, pomegranate juice, sweet chili sauce, ginger, garlic, and a pinch each of red pepper flakes and salt in a small bowl.
- Remove the brussels sprouts from the oven. Add the salmon to the center of the pan. Spoon the pomegranate glaze over the salmon. Transfer to the oven and roast for 10-20 minutes or until the salmon has reached your desired doneness.
- Top the salmon with pomegranate arils and fresh basil. Enjoy!
Try out these recipes and let us know what you think and how you feel. If you want a bigger boost, try Bioterra Herbs’ Detox formula. It’s gentle enough to use every day to relieve symptoms of overindulgence. Click on the image below to purchase the product!