Ever wonder why the electricity bill is so high? You may be over using your electricity! We came up with a few tips on saving energy! Soon you will be not only saving money, you will be helping the planet as well! Using up energy requires more burning of fossil fuels, natural gas, and coals which are contributors to global warming and air pollution!
- Turn off all the lights when you sleep or leave the room.
- Unplug your charger from the wall if you are not using your device.
- Turn off the fan when not in use.
- Turn down your refrigerator temperature. Even making the slightest temperature change can reduce energy use.
- Minimize dishwasher use. If you are going to use it, wash a whole batch so you only need to use it once.
- Reduce your water heater thermostat by 10 degrees.
- Replace your bulbs with LED bulbs.
- Reduce your shower time.
- Shutdown your computer at night rather than putting it to sleep.
- Keep other heat sources such as lamps and televisions away from the air conditioner thermostat. Air conditioners may run longer than usual if it is next to it.
- Use cold or warm water during laundry and use full loads. Hang dry when possible.
Try these tips out! Although most of your home electricity comes from heating and cooling, all of these contributes to money saving energy and time! Let’s start making the world environmentally friendly starting now!