Reduce Stress with These Foods
Stressed all the time that you have not kept track of your diet? We came up with a list of foods that will help you ease anxiety and reduce stress!
- Start pushing fish as a main protein for your dish! In fact, this fish contains omega-3 fats that may help reduce anxiety and stress. Salmon may also promote heart health.
- Additionally, blueberries contain a great amount of antioxidants. Antioxidants aid the production of dopamine which help the chemicals in the brain regulate stress levels, and coordination.
- Not to mention almonds, which are rich in Vitamin B2 and E. They contain nutrients that help the immune system during stress levels. Grab a handful of almonds and you will be good to go!
- Chocolate? Of course! Cocoa powder is known for increasing endorphin levels and serotonin in the brain which contributes to stress reduction. It is also packed with antioxidants, more than regular chocolate.
- Green veggies such as spinach are not only great in freshness but also contain magnesium and folate. In fact, magnesium and folate may help with feelings of well-being and regulate cortisol levels.
- Finally, turkey may not be the ideal protein for everyone to eat, but it is full of tryptophan, an amino acid that your body converts into serotonin. Serotonin is an anti-stress hormone.