Can I Improve My Eyesight Naturally?
Ever wonder how you can improve eyesight naturally? What if I told you, you can improve your vision without seeing an optometrist? Nowadays our eyes go through a lot of stress due to the age of technology, computer screens, TVs, and cell phones all take a toll on your eyes. This leads to eye fatigue and in extreme cases, partial blindness. But just because losing your vision is an inevitable part of life, doesn’t mean you can’t do anything about it! Sharpening your vision can be achieved naturally believe it or not. Just like eating healthy makes you live longer, eating healthy can also improve eyesight!
Can I Improve Eyesight With Food?
Like I mentioned earlier, eating healthy may improve your eyesight. It has been said that what you eat affects what you see suggesting certain vitamins found in food play a big role in preventing eye-related diseases. Such eye diseases like Cataracts are 100% preventable by having a vitamin-rich diet.
These are examples of vitamin-rich foods that can improve your vision:
- red peppers
Vitamins & Minerals
To protect your eyes, you require multiple nutrients and vitamins. Never fear! These are easy to come by, consider the following:
- Vitamins A, C, E, and minerals like copper and zinc are key to your eyesight.
- Dark leafy greens, egg yolks, yellow peppers, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, and carrots. Essentially yellow, orange and green vegetables.
- Foods rich in sulfur, protect the lens of your eye from cataracts. for example consider choices like garlic, onions, shallots, and capers.
- Blueberries, grapes, and goji berries have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help improve your vision.
- Coldwater fish like wild salmon, sardines, mackerel, and cod.
Is There Exercises That Can Improve My Eyesight?
Luckily there are simple exercises that can help you maintain your eyesight. if you would like to try and do these exercises the best time to do them would be either first thing in the morning, before bedtime, or at any time your eyes feel tired. If you consistently do these exercises you may see better results in your vision and eye health within one month!
Examples Of Eye Exercises:
- Rub your palms together to create heat, and then place them against your eyes for five seconds. repeat this 3 times.
- Roll your eyes around. start by looking up and then slowly circle your eyes down clockwise then counterclockwise.
- Hold a pen at arm’s length, focus your eyes on it, and slowly bring the pen closer then slowly move it back, keeping your eyes focused on the pen.
- Use your thumb knuckles to massage your temples in small circles, repeat the same on the forehead, then below the eyes on both sides of your nose.
- take a mini-nap. put your head back, close your eyes, and relax for 3 minutes.