Not only is Cinnamon a sweet, it is also a spice that can help a person manage their weight. Cinnamon isn’t something that is grown from the ground all on it’s own. In fact, Cinnamon is technically a bark. It is shaved from the bark of several different variety of evergreen trees that come from the family of Cinnamomum, which is where it gets its name from. The curly shape of the Cinnamon occurs when it is set aside to dry for use. Cinnamon can be used to manage your weight in plenty of ways.
- Health Benefits of Cinnamon
- Controls insulin levels
- Lowers Glycemic Index by 18-29%
- Speeds up Metabolism
- Lowers Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL) aka Bad Cholesterol
- Burns Belly Fat
- Natural Appetite Suppressant
- Helps Process Carbohydrate More Efficiently
- Satisfies those who have yen for sweets
Adding a little as a teaspoon of Cinnamon to your daily diet can work wonders for your body.
- Cinnamon Capsules are also an option for those who prefer not to measure out a teaspoon every time you eat.
It is always best to add fresh Cinnamon to whatever food you choose to pair it with. Old and damaged spices tend to not have the same effect as something that is fresh and clean.
Obviously, adding Cinnamon to foods that are high in sugar and starches won’t have the desired results as sprinkling it on something that is healthy.