Everyone gets the random food cravings. You don’t really want to eat a full meal but you want something to nibble on in between. When you need something to snack on the popular choices are potato chips, but if you’re trying to lose weight you cannot keep munching on snack foods like potato chips and cookies. Finding a healthy alternative to eating junk food is easy, the problem lies in committing to eating only healthy food and not sneaking in items that are bad or you.
- Kale Chips
- If you’re still looking for the item that will give you that crunch factor you don’t have to give up all kinds of chips. Kale chips are a healthy alternative to potato chips. Like potato chips, kale chips also come in a variety of flavors so you don’t have to worry about eating bland chips for the rest of your life.
- Sometimes you really need chocolate to get through the day and it makes you feel so much better, you’re in luck. You don’t have to give up all chocolate, just stick to dark chocolate.
- Pizza can be healthy if you make it at home instead of going out to eat. You can use wheat dough, low-fat cheese and add vegetables as the toppings. As long as you use ingredients that are healthy than you will be fine.
- Frozen Greek Yogurt
- Greek yogurt contains fewer calories than regular ice cream and if you want something with flavor your best bet would be to add frozen fruit to the mix.
- This is just one alternative for eating cookies. Granola is sweet and provides that crunch that you’re looking for when craving a cookie. It is better to make your own granola mix at home because then you can control what is actually in it and you don’t have to pick out all the unhealthy ingredients you do not want.
The need to find something to snack on is normal and sometimes it is uncontrollable. Finding healthy snack alternatives can save you a lot of grief and at the same time you don’t have to give up what may be one of your favorite pastimes.