Meal prepping is the key to reaching your weight management goals. Preparing meals ahead of time lets your focus on nourishing and other priorities. Planning is important when it comes to meal prep, sticking to a weekly schedule will keep things organized. Pick one day out the week for prepping, Sunday is the common day for prepping because it starts of the week.
Things You Need:
- Healthy Food
- Carbs: Quinoa, Brown Rice, Sweet Potato, Lentils, Whole Wheat Pasta
- Protein: Chicken, Turkey, Meatballs, Lean Beef, Salmon, Tuna, Eggs, Beans
- Veggies: Broccoli, Green Beans, Brussel Sprouts, Snap Peas, Kale, Spinach
- Plastic or Glass containers
- Glass containers with lids or the most recommended for food prep. If you consider buying plastic Tupperware, make sure the containers says BPA-free.
Keep in mind that you need a balance of fresh fruits, veggies, dairy, protein, and whole grains. Making a grocery list helps with organization and preventing you from visiting the junk food aisle. Purchase enough food for the week’s meal choice. Also, remember to label and date the food before you store in fridge.
Meal prepping can be a fun and healthy experience, switching up your routine and food choices can keep you interested in the lifestyle.
- Chicken Fajita Bowls
- Mason Jar Salads
- Grilled Chicken Rice Bowls
- Vegetable Fried Rice