Stress is something that occurs naturally and happens to everyone. It’s a quite natural reaction to demanding or threating events such as high workload or intimate predicaments. Stress occurs when the nervous system responds to discomfort by releasing stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol. This causes the body to instinctually enter its “emergency” mode or “fight or flight” mode. As you can imagine in dire situations this can obviously save your life, but on a day to day scenario, this presents some challenges. High stress levels can lead to anxiety disorder and chronic depression in some cases. This to some might not seem very meaningful but it should be understood that different human beings experience stress differently. Since 2018 studies suggest that 40% of Americans consider their workplace “stressful.” That is ALOT of stress going around. This brings up the topic “what can we do about this?” Well never fear there are forms of natural stress relief available to you as seen below!
Natural Stress Relief
Not a lot of people take the time to just relax and enjoy life, it’s always “I have to do this” or “how can I relax when I need to do that” let’s face it we’ve all been through this. But unfortunately, behavior like this will always lead to high levels of stress. Remember to always take care of yourself first! Take time out of each day to do stuff that you enjoy, whether it’s a hobby, sports or my favorite activity, walking your dogs! This might sound silly at first but you wouldn’t believe the amount of stress relief small actions like this can have. Just take some time away and focus on yourself. This will help you unwind and keep those stress level in check.
Talk It Out! It’ll Be Good For You.
We frequently overlook the power of social interaction. Nowadays it is really easy to get in contact with anyone even if they are halfway around the world! Talking to a person 1 on 1 preferably a family member or significant other can make you feel more at ease and inevitably feel more relaxed. Just talk it out, talk about what is stressing you out and get it off your chest. It is always great to get an outside opinion. Remember perspective is key!
It is a well-known fact that exercise helps reduce stress levels, in fact, doctors recommend it! Exercise helps create endorphins, that help you relax. Physical activities have been shown to help the brain handle stressful situations a lot better. Any sort of exercise can be beneficial really, for example,
- All of these can be beneficial and work as natural stress relief!
What Else Can I Do?
- Drink Tea: Regular green tea has various antioxidants, which provide health benefits. It may help stress and anxiety by increasing serotonin levels!
- Light A Candle (seriously): Being around sweet smelling aromas can be very beneficial since it naturally causes you to relax.
- Have a “Stress Diary”: Could be considered a diary, if you don’t have someone around to talk to, writing out your thoughts can often give you different perspectives and standpoints.
- Listen to soothing music: Music has immense power to relieve stress. Soothing music has a unique link to our emotions, which means it can be extremely effective at managing your stress. Listening to music can tremendously affect our bodies, minds, and soils.
Examples Of Soothing Music:
- Chinese traditional: https://youtu.be/7fdFGEg-9R8
- Classical: https://youtu.be/fOk8Tm815lE