When it comes to being healthy people tend to forget that the drinks you choose also count. You can not eat vegetables then drink a soda, that’s not how it works.
If you want to manage your weight then your whole intake must be healthy. So what counts as a healthy drink? Nowadays it’s hard to find some healthy alternatives other than plain water.
- Other than water, green teas is probably the healthiest choice you can make for a beverage. Drinking green tea reduces risk of osteoporosis, cancer, heart disease and cavities.
- A huge plus for green tea is that it contains zero calories. It also is associated with losing weight.
- The benefits of drinking juice of any kind is give and take, depending on how much of it you drink. Juice contains a lot of natural sugar.
- Depending on how it’s made, it can contain nutrients. The more pulp you leave when pressing fresh juice, the more health benefits you get from it.
- You can make your own fresh juice at home with a juicer and keep the nutrients inside the drink.
- It’s best not to drink store-bought juices or drinks from “juice bars” unless you can see the ingredients going into the juices.
- It is always best to make your own smoothies at home because you can control how much sugar (if any) is added. Also, your ingredients can be fresh whereas buying it at a restaurant doesn’t have the same guarantee.
When it comes to managing your weight is always best to be balanced. Too much of any one thing can be bad for you because you don’t want to overload your body.
You are the best judge of what your body needs. Like a car, your body gives you warning if you’re lacking in something that you need, so listen to your body.